Friday, February 1, 2013

New Gadgets

I have a new blog, so I'm exploring various tools. Found a blog app for my android phone. That is what I am using to post this very post. Oooh neat-o right? Yea it is. I'm not sure I would want to do this all the time. It's like a big huge text. Don't get me wrong, I love to text. I text all the time. I find it a convienient way to send short messsages or have short conversations (or sneaky ones like when I'm at work. Shhh don't tell my boss!) After about 4 texts to the same person about the same subject, I pick up my phone and dial a number to hear an actual voice. So, to type several paragraphs of text on my phone doesn't seem appealing. The only exception could be that I am out and about and have a truly amazing experience that I just have to share in the moment and can't possibly wait till I get home to a proper keyboard.
I also forsee my already poor grammar getting worse with the texting habits of shortening words. Insteaf of at home on my laptop talking to all of 'you' I will only talk to 'u'. I would look back and think I am being too lazy and therefore undeserving of subscription. Or worse yet, be using this app while out and about that I am too distracted to give a well rounded thought that is both understandable and enjoyable. I see it being more fractured leaving you confused as to what I am even talking about, like listening to someone tell a ' had to be there story'. I don't want to leave anyone rolling their eyes and saying "whatever" as they click off.
It leaves me to wonder how many bloggers out there use it and think their blog is better for it?
Final thought, for me personally, anyway, is that I will keep the app but rarely use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment