Friday, June 7, 2013

So Many Lessons

I believe I am destined that in all my life ventures my first attempts at anything every possible mistake must be made. My first book will be no different. By the time I get my second book done it will be a success overnight from all the lessons learned the first go round. I will say that some things like getting reviews are painfully slow. I know I know. I need to give them time to read the book. But some are coworkers who agreed to review then come to work and tell me they love the book and came to really care about the characters but yet the number of reviews on the book stay the same.

One of my coworkers even left me a funny voicemail. I keep it for entertainment purposes. I have pretty blond roots and in the service industry with irregular crazy hours, I sometimes get my days backwards. One of those days I thought I had the day off. Come 6:00 am and I was due in at 5am a girl who agreed to leave a review left a message "hey you were due I'm at 5 and I know I said I would put your review on but I got distracted with the baby and laundry so will you please cone into work now? I promise to get it in today." I came I'm assured her it was a mixup I'm schedule and I'm not that vindictive. Of course she has yet to post. Playing that message gives me a giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment