Thursday, April 11, 2013

An important message to my teenage self...

They say hindsight is 20/20. They,  whoever 'they' are, are completely right. If I could go back and slap my teenage self around and beat sense back into me, I would. My message would be one, think before you act. If you can't live with the consequences then don't do the act. That might have saved me from being a teenage mom. That changed my whole world and every decision I made after that. My next message would be to take up a practical trade while still in school. Not for career choices but just every day living. All too often I have found myself under my own car wishing I had chosen auto mechanics instead of a  graphic arts degree, at least along side it or fixing a leaky faucet wishing I had taken up carpentry. I whent through many a moment's where I could only afford the car part but not the labor. Thanks to YouTube I managed to do in a few days what a mechanic can do in about an hour. As I stare at my transmission today, all I can think is what did my mechanics teacher say about stripped bolts? Oh yeah, I didn't take it, a slap to my teenage ignorant self. That's what I wish I could say. Thanks for reading...now back to your regularly sheduled internet browsing.

What would you say to your past self?

No comments:

Post a Comment