Friday, April 12, 2013

Will Oprah Respond?

An afternoon of site after site of reviewers. Submitting email after email for them to consider my book for review. All this browsing has made me come to the realization that I have made a common rookie error. I published first then asked for reviews. I'll remember that for the next book. I don't believe it's something that I can't recover from, just a little depressing to see the book only floating around in a sea of new authors with nothing to make it stand out. I have sent requests, some have replied willing to offer me a review. That will take time, of course. Not something that happens overnight. I have read it's common for some that have agreed to not come through. Discouraging a bit. Let's face, they need time to read it. How long does it take you to read a book. I'm faster than some, well not faster, more dedicated/obsessive reader. It takes me at least 3 days to read a book. That's if I have a couple days off work and ignore everything else in my life. Some books make that easier than others. Not to mention these reviewers are often over-inundated by other authors looking for the same as I. It's not like I'm asking my Mother or Sister to review it (By the way my Mom and Dad thinks it's a great book and my sister thinks it's sexist - if that means anything to anybody that's not me) On a way out highly optimistic note, I did request a review from Oprah's Book Club. You think she will respond? Hmmmmmm.......

No comments:

Post a Comment